Health Risk Shifts with Body Weight, Regardless of WeightHealth Risk Shifts with Body Weight, Regardless of Weight http://bodywhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Crowd2.jpg 615 409 BodyWHealth http://bodywhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Crowd2.jpg
A scientific study published this week has shown that increase in Body Mass Index (BMI) is associated with increases in the biological markers of cardiovascular risk, regardless of actual body mass index. Most of us probably associate only severe obesity with cardiovascular risk. Not true.
More importantly from my perspective is that a reduction of BMI would equally be associated with a reduction in risk of cardiovascular disease, again regardless of actual body mass index. So, you don’t have to be grossly overweight to derive the benefit!!
Please see other articles that describe:
- Why excess body mass and fat are bad for you
- The benefits of exercising (10,000 steps 5 days per week)
- How to monitor your exercise
- The benefit of counting calories
- How to monitor your caloric balance
- The importance in eliminating excuses
- The value in healthy habits
- Tools to establish and maintain healthy habits
- The critical mindset required to achieve BodyWHealth
Photo credit: www.birminghammail.co.uk